Vacancy Announcement: Head of Small & Medium Enterprises (SME)
Our client is one of Kenya’s fastest growing banks with a network of 80 outlets and over 900 employees.
The Bank is regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya and offers a variety of financial solutions to both Retail and MSME market segments.
Over the years, the bank has developed a wide portfolio of transactional, savings, credit and micro insurance solutions to meet changing customer needs.
Their vision is to give Kenyans hope and a future, by listening and empowering them with relevant financial solutions.
In line with business demands driven by our rapid growth, we are looking for qualified, highly competent, talented and results driven individuals to fill the following key business growth and revenue generation positions.
The Head of Small & Medium Enterprise will be reporting to the General Manager-Business Development.
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for business development & growth of the Small & Medium Enterprises (SME) portfolio by working closely with Senior Management, Leadership team, Branch Management teams, Credit and other stakeholders in the Bank.
- Implement of the SME business strategy in line with the Bank’s overall strategy and business growth plan.
- Work closely with stakeholders in Senior Management, Leadership team, Branch Management teams and Credit to increase market share of the SME segment in terms of customer numbers, products and service consumption and revenues while proactively reducing the non-performing loan book
- Drive sales through effective leadership, guidance and performance management process within the branch network and relationships
- Working directly with Branches and SME officers to drive account utilization and hence cheap and stable deposits.
- Drive transactional income from SME clients through effective customer service and cross selling the entire range of banking and banc assurance products and services.
- Identify and capitalize on new market opportunities to expand presence, competitiveness and profitability by proactively selling products and services.
- Improve the business environment and raising the profile for the SME business segment in the Bank.
- Establish profitable banking relationships with SME clients by providing high quality banking and other financial services to SMEs where the Bank operates.
- Advise the Bank on SME market analysis and segmentation with regards to SME financial products, SME credit Risk evaluation processes, loan monitoring, collections and debt recovery procedures.
- In liaison with other stakeholders, ensure quality portfolio by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
- Represent the Bank and business unit in forums, meetings and fast track the implementation of the relevant agreed action points.
- Conduct any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Credit appraisal & approval
- New business acquisition in the SME segment.
- Ensure customers receive prompt feedback on the fate of their applications.
- Make appropriate recommendations for cases presented to the various Credit Committees especially Credit-Exco and the Board.
Marketing of the Bank products
- Attracting new businesses and expanding current business.
- Good customer care and relationship management.
- Assisting in the cross-selling of all the Bank products.
Monitoring and Control of the SME Banking portfolio
- Ensuring compliance with Bank’s Credit Policy and Government regulations.
- Regularly monitor all performing accounts.
- Maintain and evaluate quality of Loans to ensure compliance with lending guidelines.
- Adopting a proactive and energetic work style to enhance customer/ interdepartmental /branch delight.
- Offer advice to Branches and the SME staff on matters and issues relating to SME credit appraisals.
- Upholding the required professional and technical knowledge by attending and contributing to the appropriate training programmes
Bank-wide AML KYC & CFT Responsibilities
- Communicating and reinforcing the AML-CTF compliance culture established by the board
- Implementing and enforcing the board-approved AML, KYC & CFT policy within the Department, Unit or Branch
- A degree in a business related field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, Business Studies, Economics or Banking/Finance
- Formal training in lending/Relationship management
- At least 7 years of managerial experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results
- Experience in relationship management
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Growth in number of clients
- Growth in customer deposits
- Growth in quality loan book
- Timely loan disbursement and repayments
- Portfolio quality
Skills and Competencies
- SME Credit analysis skills
- Excellent sales/marketing, excellent presentation, communication, negotiation, customer service and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible – ability to travel across the country frequently
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 30th June 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.