Republic of Kenya
County Government of Kakamega
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Department of Education, Science and Technology
Position: Head, Technical and Vocational Training
Job Group “P”
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Chief Officer, Education, Science and Technology, the officer will;
- Prepare and implement the strategic plan, annual work plans and periodic reports in the Department;
- Oversee and coordinate the promotion and implementation of County Youth Polytechnic projects, policies and programmes;
- Assist in the management, planning, coordination and administration of County Youth Polytechnics;
- Mobilize resources for Technical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training (TVET) projects and programmes;
- Develop partnerships with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Technical and Vocational Training Centers;
- Promote Technical Vocational Training as an alternative skills process;
- Enhance, improve and upgrade of technical vocational training centers in the County;
- Provide technical support to the stakeholders and partners and coordinate mainstreaming of the County Youth Polytechnics guidelines for County Government;
- Assist in developing policies, strategy and guidelines for development of County Youth Polytechnics;
- Undertake Training Needs Assessment and planning; and
- Perform any other duties as may be lawfully assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Vocational Training from a recognized university;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant technical field from recognized university;
- Senior Management Course from the Kenya School of Government or a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
- Have at least 8 years post graduate experience of which three (3) should be in JG ‘N’ or equivalent;
- Knowledge of Technical and Vocational Training Policy;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills; and
- Demonstration of professional competence in work performance and be result oriented in execution of duties and responsibilities.
Terms of Service: 3 Years Contract
Note: Applicants for the above positions are required to get clearance from the under listed organisations to meet requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 21st June, 2017.
All applications should reach this office on or before 21st June, 2017.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted