Job Vacancy: Mall Manager
Industry: Real estate
Our client, offering services in asset management, corporate real estate, facilities management, property and project management, research, shopping centre management as well as valuations and advisory services is seeking to recruit a Mall Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Centre and facilities.
a. Centre Management
- Keeps abreast of market activities in respect of tenant movement, new developments, major vacancies and other Landlord’s strategies.
- Attends meetings / functions related to successful operation of Centre i.e. KCSC, NEMA etc.
- Devises a five year maintenance plan including allowances for provisions or depreciation where applicable (annually) for submission to the Assistant General Manager / Director.
- Reviews the building status/grade annually and maintain the standards within those grade.
- Provides accurate information to client according to agreed format timeously
- Analyses monthly income /expense and monitors turnover rentals.
- Analyses operating costs on a quarterly basis in terms of the approved forecasts.
b. Planning and Budgeting
- Prepares and completes budgets by January each year.
- Reviews rental quarterly and ensure best possible rate achieved and maintained.
- Assists in formulation of business plans for the unit.
- 5 Year budget – preparation and control, quarterly review and monitoring
c. Quarterly Expenditure / Analysis
- Sets and motivates Capex /TI philosophy per building in consultation with Client.
- Approves TI standard specification as recommended by the Project Manager.
- Approves Capex within authority limits and ensures we conform to Capex philosophy and procedures.
- Estimates new operating costs, ensures recovery of operational costs in accordance with Lease terms.
d. Debtors and Creditors Management
- Undertakes monthly interaction meetings with Debtors, Debtors Manager and Leasing to ensure appropriate action taken and approve legal action.
- Credit Control. Responsible for Management; Arrears, Legal action, Write-offs
e. Parking Management – In conjunction with the responsible person for parking, maintains accurate control of “in house” operated parkades.
f. Tenant Manager
- Deals with correspondence / interaction with tenants as required.
- Ensures that leases are timeously renewed and all vacant space is let and in a presentable state.
g. New Tenants and Existing Tenants
- Determines and recommends letting mandates (i.e. rental levels, installation cost etc.).
- Undertake lease negotiation and maintenance of tenant relationships.
- Controls / oversees new installations (through technical manager where appropriate) including; Premises design, Negation/liaison/control with/of professionals and contractors, Sign off acceptance of complete premise
- Renews Lease Agreements both direct and through Building Management where applicable.
- Tenant liaison and public relations.
- Controls/arranges Centre promotions through merchant’s association/s or promotion committee/s.
- Regular assesses tenants’ turnover, stock turn and merchandising to establish both growth needs and/or trading difficulties.
h. Expense Control
- Checks and authorizes payment of accounts.
- Authorizes cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance orders.
- Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against.
- Ensures cost effectiveness and performance of contractors.
i. Financial Management
- Monthly financial statements, management reports and accurate budgeting and reporting
- Calculates operating costs for charge-out to tenants.
- Tenant mix i.e. what business should be established / recommended.
- Networking with tenants, public, external organizations.
j. Expense control
- Checks and approves payment of accounts.
- Controls cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance.
- Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against.
- Ensures effective performance of Contractors.
k. Existing Tenants and Customer liaison
- Renews lease agreements in line with pre-determined letting mandates.
- Plans, coordinates and controls Centre promotions.
- Lease negotiation of new tenants and maintaining of the tenant relationship
- Establishes and maintains sound public relations.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective repairs and maintenance of the Centre.
- Controls/schedules/implements regular preventative maintenance program in line with budget constraints.
- Attends site meetings with contractors in respect of maintenance/expansion of projects.
- Inspection / enforcement of tenant responsibilities during and on termination of lease terms.
- Liaises with appropriate Government, Provincial and/or local authorities
- General Maintenance of Buildings and premises.
- All electrical, electronic, mechanical and air conditioning equipment.
- Complies with the O H S act and all other statutory requirements.
3. Assumes responsibility for the security of all the Centre facilities. Conducts scheduled inspections of security systems and implements improvements as necessary.
- Occupational health and safety
- The training of Maintenance and Security personnel in Occupation and Health Safety.
4. Assumes responsibility for the effective management reporting and records.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, annual, and other management reports.
- Assesses and reports on monthly performance against budgets.
- Prepares and motivates consolidated monthly reports for submission to Client
- Assess and report on monthly performance against budget.
5. Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with tenants, suppliers, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
- Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations.
- Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
6. Effectively supervises Centre personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
- Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures.
- Discusses areas needing improvement.
- Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations.
- Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary.
7. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Reports on Operational expenses, foot traffic, and security incidents etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Management/Business/ Economics or related field.
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of Supervisory experience.
- Excellent understanding of Centre management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.