The Mombasa Hospital, established in 1891, is a leading health care institution in the Mombasa County.
The Hospital is seeking for a qualified Kenyan Citizen to fill the following position:-
Assistant Laboratory Manager
- Deputize Laboratory Manager and assist in organization of all technical, operational and administrative activities of the Laboratory and ensure accurate diagnosis for treatment of patients.
- Actively participate in implementation of Quality Management System and nurture a culture of continuous improvement of the laboratory service
- Coordinate and participate in the performance and interpretation of complex tests.
- Set up, evaluate and operate current and new equipment and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests and assume adequate responsibility to maintain them including preventive maintenance.
- Evaluate collected laboratory data and prepare reports assessing accuracy, completeness, timeliness, progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Collaborating with laboratory staff in developing and documenting appropriate policies and procedures for their activities amongst others.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Laboratory Science/Technology from a recognized institution.
- Evidence of continuing medical education in sub-specialties of laboratory medicine.
- Vast knowledge of quality assurance procedures applicable to Laboratory.
- Registered and licensed with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Membership of the respective professional society/societies.
- 5 years progressive working experience in Laboratory Management in a busy hospital.
How to Apply
Applications enclosed with detailed CVs and copies of all certificates and testimonials and names of three referees should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Officer,
The Mombasa Hospital,
P.O Box 90294,
Mombasa GPO 80100
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Monday 26th June 2017.