The Mombasa Hospital, established in 1891, is a leading health care institution in the Mombasa County.
The Hospital is seeking for a qualified Kenyan Citizen to fill the following position:-
Laboratory Quality Officer
- Establish and maintain the Laboratory Quality Management System (QMS)
- Defining the quality system and operational standards, and applying them to monitor and improve the quality of laboratory services.
- Implementing a safe laboratory environment in compliance with good clinical laboratory practices and applicable regulations.
- Providing guidance on relevant standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with laboratory staff in developing and documenting appropriate policies, processes and procedures for their activities.
- Coordinating internal audits of the laboratory and ensuring participation in relevant proficiency testing schemes.
- Communicating information about the performance of the QMS and distributing quality tools such as worksheets, forms, maintenance logs and audit checklists to the laboratory staff.
- Reviewing documentation periodically to ensure conformance of laboratory service delivery.
- Implementing on-going quality improvement processes while working with interdepartmental teams.
- Monitoring laboratory services throughout the whole lab service cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing
Qualifications / Skills
- Higher Diploma / Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Relevant training in ISO 15189 implementation, laboratory internal audit, method validation / verification
- Computer literacy – MS Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 5 years working experience in busy laboratory
How to Apply
Applications enclosed with detailed CVs and copies of all certificates and testimonials and names of three referees should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Officer,
The Mombasa Hospital,
P.O Box 90294,
Mombasa GPO 80100
Email – email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Monday 26th June 2017.