Job Title: Procurement & Demand Planning Executive
Industry: FMCG (Food Products)
Our client is a leading food products distribution company in Kenya.
They seek to hire a Procurement & Demand planning executive.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Developing demand forecasts and procurement of international and local purchases.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for
- Provides forecasts to our internal and external partners as part of contractual agreements and works with our internal and external partners for material issue resolution demand forecasts.
- Owns global purchasing, reporting, usages, and stock replenishment processes. Identifies and resolves issues and ensures supply chain effectiveness
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and service providers and other partners adhering to negotiated contracts and prices where required
- Supports new product development and product renewal by ensuring upstream planning and procurement of components and other materials, establish launch/distribution plans with Sales & Marketing
- Negotiating with shipping agencies and ensuring best and most efficient transit time and route
- Identify clearing agents to deal with and ensuring on time clearing
- Ensure products transported as per the temperature recommended by the supplier, Transportation from Mombasa to Nairobi
- Advice management on duty and related taxes for shipment and assist implement strategies to gain exemptions where necessary.
- Development of organizational procurement strategy
- Manage and monitor the purchasing system with supplier details
- A Degree/ Diploma in Supplies and Procurement Management
- At least 5 years’ of experience as a procurement and demand planner
- Must have experience in Importation & Handling International Suppliers
- Experience in food service industry is an added advantage
- Good know how and knowledge on supply chain and importation
- Financial/P&L and problem-solving/analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Team player
- Must be qualified and conversant with Food safety management system
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Procurement & Demand Planning Executive) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 20th June 2017.