Job Title: Regional Advocacy and Communications Manager – Renewable Energy
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel within East Africa
Salary: Very Competitive based on Experience
Our client is an independent, not-for-profit organization representing members as the voice of the off-grid solar energy industry and promoting the solutions they offer.
They seek to hire a well experienced, passionate and results oriented Regional Representative to help deliver the organization’s advocacy messages and sector support activities on a regional level.
The successful candidate will also help in national and regional level industry players to improve their coordination and enable industry to speak with a more harmonized and forceful voice
Roles Summary: The regional representative will formally report to the Executive Director and coordinate its activities closely with the organization’s three Program Managers.
The position will require regular travel within the East-African region and to Utrecht.
- Represent the industry’s interest Vis-a-Vis all stakeholders, including regular participation in local events and workshops
- Promote national level policy change and develop industry positions in line with the organization’s global positions, in close alignment with national industry associations and other national and regional private sector representatives
- Monitor national level policy environments to obtain warning signals about possibly changes in regulation at an early stage
- Keep regular contact with members operating in the region, ensuring the organization has up-to-date information at all times on its member activities and key market developments
- Coordinate regular meetings and calls to facilitate exchange among members
- Contribute to extending the organization’s stakeholder network
- Deepen and sustain relationships with existing partners
- Develop relationships with important local policy makers and regulators
- Contribute to the development of ‘content’ for advocacy or sector support work by providing local perspectives on questions around enabling environment, access to finance, business development and quality assurance.
- Support in the implementation of the organization’s led events in the region
- Support in fundraising efforts
- Support the delivery of the organization’s three main programs
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any Business related field of study
- MSc or MA. in Economics, International Trade and or International Business Relations is desired
- 8 – 10 years progressively responsibly experience in the field of international business development
- Working experience with an industry association is highly desirable;
- Experience in policy and advocacy work is a requirement
- Excellent and proven networking, communication, and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili; command of other regional African languages is considered an asset
- Strong moderation and co-ordination skills and ability to facilitate outcome oriented meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and work creatively
- Ability to communicate professionally and convincingly with counterparts at various levels of seniority
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional Advocacy & Communications Manager – Renewable Energy ) to email@example.com before Friday, 16th June 2017
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.