Job Title: Workshop Manager – Transport & Logistics
Industry: Transport & Logistics
Our client is a leading provider of transport, logisitics and equipment leasing in East and Central Africa region.
They seek to hire a Workshop Manager who will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
The ideal candidate should have extensive sexperience with heavy commercial vehicles and earth moving equipment.
- Responsible for planning, job allocation and job flow in the workshop and on site including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Leading and motivating a team of mechanics, technicians, and store manager
- Assist in Workshop design
- Manage costs for repairs and spare parts in the interest of the company
- Advise management on retention/disposal of assets
- Consult management in procurement of Trucks / Trailers/ Cranes / Forklifts
- Advise management on required driver training to extend lifespan of assets.
- Overseeing all servicing, repairs and installation works within the workshop and at client’s site
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Oversee pre delivery and post delivery inspections of equipment and parts.
- Liaising with clients on job quotations, provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Travelling once in a while to assist technicians in other parts of the country.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Directors; preferably on a daily basis
- Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with the Directors to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Set KPIs for the team and continuously monitor their performance.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
- Handling all administration issues
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Minimum degree in Mechanical or Technical Engineering from a reputable organization
- 5 years experience with heavy commercial vehicles – 3 years managerial level
- 10 years experience as a mechanic
- Prior experience in a start-up will be an advantage
- Knowledge of products will be an added advantage
- Should possess good customer service and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Flexible and ability to meet quality standards and strict deadlines
- Must have experience in leading and motivating a team
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have Knowledge of workshop operations and workshop systems in the transport sector
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Workshop Manager – Transport & Logistics) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 15th June 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted