Job Title: Financial Analyst I
Job ID: 18801
Job Location: Kenya-Nairobi
# of Openings Remaining: 1
More information about this job:
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Financial Analyst
Must be able to work independently with remote supervision.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects.
- Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements.
- Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries and assist in trainings.
- Carries out unit finances to proactively guide and support respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships.
- Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Compiles data and prepares financial reports.
- Reviews and processes final cost objective requests.
- Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations.
- Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results.
- Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Has basic knowledge of applicable financial and accounting statutes and regulations.
- Interprets and applies laws, analyzes information, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Seeks explanation for variations in the data.
- Reviews and inputs financial data and final cost objectives, account information into accounting software systems.
- Creates, reviews, and process program budgets.
- Analyzes, reviews, and distributes financial reports to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with Global Program Management (GPM) staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Monitors Country Offices cash flows and fund transfers by processing cash account analysis, ensures adequate funds are maintained within each program, processing wire transfer requests to field offices and ensuring timely transfer of funds.
- Manages sub recipient financial reports for assigned Country Offices by reconciling US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews and analysis sub award tracking system, manages US partner payments and collaborates with GPM staff on financial close outs of sub recipients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field.
- 3 – 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in a government contracting environment.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.