Job Title: Temporary Health Records Information Officer
Job ID: 18747
Job Locations: Kenya
# of Openings Remaining: 4
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Temporary Health Records Information Officer
Description: Working closely with the mentorship team in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and MDT Team Leader, the Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for mentoring health workers in various health facilities to maintain service registers, conducting regular data quality assessments activities, ensure accurate and timely facility reports and support facilities to run basic data analysis for decision making.
S/he will be required to maintain confidentiality and integrity for the facility data as directed.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Ensure facilities have standard data collection and reporting tools
- Support facility based service providers to update health records and registers in line with national guidelines.
- Verify data based on MOH defined service standards.
- Support and mentor health workers on data utilization for decision making.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality is maintained.
- Support health workers in conducting regular data quality assurance.
- Actively follow-up facilities to ensure that commonly agreed data management improvement plans are followed and monitored by all parties.
- Provide basic data summaries to facility as required from time to time.
- Support facilities to maintain data confidentiality and security.
- Support facilities to use data for decision making.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Diploma in Statistics/Health Information Systems/Information Technology with at least 4 years work experience in data management systems and experience in use of MOH tools.
- Experience in training is an added advantage. Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata.
- Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online