Gelian Hotel is a premier hotel located in Machakos Town.
It is elegantly designed with comfort, style and class.
Maintenance Superintendent (1)
Reports To: General Manager
Summary of Position: The Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting rooms, restaurant and common areas.
Guest rooms and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included.
The Maintenance Superintendent will oversee repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, and laundry equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, hotel property, restaurant and grounds.
- Responds to engineering and maintenance concerns.
- Performs and/or monitors maintenance and preventative maintenance projects.
- Responds to all building related safety concerns.
- Maintains departmental compliance with hotel maintenance procedures.
- Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Assists in the supervision of temporary maintenance associates.
- Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
- Deals with guest related concerns.
- Maintain the guest rooms, public space, and back of the hotel areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
- Must possess knowledgeable of basic hand/power tool operation.
- Oversee the cleaning and maintenance of pool and spa area.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in hotel maintenance department supervisory or management level
- At least 3years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Should have basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry concepts.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies when not physically at the job site.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Honesty and Integrity
How to Apply
If you have the above qualification forward your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org