Job Title: Finance Officer at Komaza
Are you a detail-oriented Finance professional with an interest in operational finance?
Are you motivated by finding new, efficient ways to execute on finance functions?
Are you excited to work with a fast-growing company bringing innovation to commercial tree planting in Kenya?
Komaza is looking for a Finance Officer to support finance activities for a fast-growing company.
This role will be responsible for day to day operational finance, as well as basic reporting and compliance.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to grow with a company at an exciting stage of rapid expansion.
Komaza is a forestry business that partners with small-scale farmers to plant commercial woodlots, providing a guaranteed market for the harvest.
They unlock the potential for small-scale farmers to serve industrial wood markets by providing them with training, planting inputs, maintenance support and harvesting services.
Through this unique “micro-forestry” model, Komaza is now Kenya’s largest commercial tree planter.
- Carry out day to day operational finance functions, such as processing cheques, bank runs, etc.
- Execute on finance requests from company personnel, including reviewing and providing petty cash advances, filing receipts, etc.
- Handle other requests to Finance as the need arises
Reporting and Compliance:
- Prepare monthly or weekly reports to department or project heads e.g. on budget vs actual spends. Perform basic financial analysis to spot anomalies such as abnormal spends
- Organize and file records in an orderly, easy to interpret way
- Support auditors and other regulatory officials periodically reviewing the Finance function for compliance
- Maintain a good working relationship with personnel across different departments and levels in the company
- Support team members in achieving the collective goals and objectives of Komaza
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a CPA(K)3 – 8 years’ experience in Operational Finance
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Intellectually curious
- Able to independently learn new concepts
- Willing and able to relocate to Kilifi and/or Ukunda
Please follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/BpjuEC