Position: Human Resource and Communications Manager
Work Type: Full Time
Background: Solidaridad Eastern & Central Africa Expertise Centre (SECAEC) is a member of Solidaridad Network of Organizations.
SECAEC aims at production and supply chain development approach for market transformation in agricultural commodities such as coffee, sugarcane, livestock, cotton, textiles, tea, fruits and vegetables and gold mining.
The regional center’s support activities are spread over Eastern and Central Africa countries – Ethiopia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Solidaridad’s inclusive sector transformation strategy is based on lessons learnt and pegged on the theory of change
Summary / Objective: Reporting to the Regional Director, based in Nairobi, this position is responsible for performing Human Resource and Communications related duties on a professional level and will work closely with senior management in supporting staff within Kenya and the region countries.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the human resource manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, strategies, policies, procedures and systems.
- Administers various aspects of the welfare/benefits program;
- Manages the staff medical scheme;
- Manages the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts and coordinates the recruitment for all staff, interns and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program;
- Develops staff job descriptions and continuously updates the organizational structure;
- Handles employee relations, grievance handling, counseling, and exit interviewing;
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with statutory requirements.
- Coordination and organizing of company events.
- Participates in developing communications goals, objectives, strategies, policies, procedures and systems and taking the lead in their implementation.
- Be the point of contact for all communications with third parties and in liaison with the Director formulate responses;
- Manages development of key program materials;
- Manages external relations by representing the project and the organization and ensuring the dissemination of information about project;
- Oversees technical sub-grant implementation by reviewing grantee scopes of work, closely monitoring the implementation of sub-grant activities, and ensuring timely submission of financial and narrative reports to donors (in coordination with relevant parties);
- Forges and maintains solid cooperation with partner organizations and government officials;
- Conducts frequent field visits to project sites to monitor activities and engage local stakeholders in fulfilling Solidaridad’s mandate;
- Creates organization visibility by publishing case studies, information, brochure, flyers, video, documentaries and other communication media,
- Recommend, implement and maintain website design, social media content and operation.
- Liaise with management in the design of communication and launch of campaigns, organization functions, events and exhibitions,
- In liaison with management create press releases, news, briefs, stories, media relations content, in-house newsletter content and speaking proposals.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management or Social Sciences from a recognized institution
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- A valid Practicing Certificate from the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Training and/or progressive experience in Public Relations.
- At least 3 (three) years’ working experience in a senior management role.
- Computer literate
- Good Knowledge of industrial and labour laws including employee relations
- Good Knowledge on the principles of Communications.
Additional Skills / Requirements
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical skills
- Resilient and compassionate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-drive and ability to work with minimum supervision
How to Apply
Your application must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with the recruitment reference: HR & Communications Manager clearly marked in the subject line of your application.
Applications must be received by 25th August 2017.
No late applications will be considered.
Your C.V. and application must not be more than 4 pages in length together with the covering letter.
Consolidate these as one document.
Your application should be written in English and must demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.