Job Title: Procurement Specialist at Twiga Foods
Are you a talented Procurement Specialist skilled in procurement? Does executing procurement plans motivate you? Are you excited to work with a fast-growing company changing the face of FFV distribution in urban African markets?
Twiga is looking for a Procurement Specialist to support the company’s expansion by managing the procurement and disposal of assets. This role will take full ownership for designing, documenting, implementing and maintaining Twiga’s procurement function.
This is a great opportunity for a talented Procurement professional to develop their leadership capacity. The successful applicant will work to help create and maintain the procurement arm of a fast-growing company, supporting the company leadership in initiatives involving procurement.
Twiga is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) to vendors in urban African markets. They provide their cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network of kiosks, small scale vendors, mama mbogas and more. Twiga’s goal is to make high-quality goods easily accessible to vendors at a more reasonable cost.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of procuring all goods, supplies, and services in a transparent, cost effective manner
- Maintaining required administrative files and records pertaining procurement
- Support the development of and ensure adherence to the policies, systems, and procedures that provide guidance on procurement and disposal of assets, supplies, and consumables
Execution and Documentation:
- Prepare and maintain templates for reports to be shared with management and other internal stakeholders
- Execute initial, cost-intensive procurement of high-value business assets such as vehicle fleets, cold storage, etc. and ensure their distribution to centres as needed
- Maintain the operations of the procurement function to the highest standard of integrity
- Find and engage suppliers, and negotiate contract terms
- Monitor contracts to ensure obligations are fulfilled and determine whether to amend, extend or terminate their lifespan
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure their asset needs are ordered, documented and incorporated into disposal planning
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a post graduate qualification in Procurement or Logistics
- Conversant with the local procurement/supply chain management rules & regulations
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in Procurement, Supply chain management or Logistics
- PPDA knowledge and FMCG start-up experience a plus!
- High standard of personal integrity
Please follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/YbbewF