The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) is a non-profit service company, registered under the Companies Act. It operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKESK is looking to hire the following position based in Nairobi:
Position: Finance Manager – Nairobi
Role Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in financial aspects of AKESK operations and safeguard AKES resources through effective execution of financial planning and management.
The position will also be responsible for the Procurement, ICT, and Administration functions.
- Budgeting and planning.
- Accounting, Audit & Statutory compliance.
- Reporting, Analysis and Reconciliations.
- Cash Management.
- Risk Management.
- Capital Projects ensure smooth release of funds for the projects.
- Facilities Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with Professional qualifications preferably ACCA or CPA, K equivalent.
- Minimum of 10+ years of finance experience include 3+ years of post-qualifying experience at management level.
- Previous proven experience in a high quality educational institution.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial management practices and analytical tools.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and knowledge of database management is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, people management skills and the ability to contribute as a member of the senior management team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applications should include a 300 word statement that demonstrates suitability in the role and best practices together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 18th August 2017 to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Aga Khan Education Service Kenya,
P.0 Box 41440 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted