Duma Works is recruiting a Test Engineer for our client; an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa.
The purpose of this role is to effect quality control and testing procedures on internal application and features developed for the company’s supply chain platform, as well as to provide support to remote clients and departments.
- Design independent test case for each newly developed application.
- Manage testing process during each phase, according to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Provide feedback to developers about automated testing strategies, design fixes, and patches.
- Documenting and presenting findings of different test cases for each project.
- Perform system load tests for new products.
- Manage and train apprentices, junior testers, and new developers.
- Work with other quality technicians to document the quality processes for replication in other projects.
- Make improvements to functionality, design, and usability of new products.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Skills and Knowledge
- Proven customer support experience.
- Strong phone contact handling skills
- Active listening
- Familiarity with customer support systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Time management
- Qualification in Animal Health or Agronomy/Crop science
- Previous experience interacting with small holder farmers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or any Computer system related degree
- 2 year(s) experience as a Software Tester.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Hands-on experience with functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, mobile testing, big data testing, cross platform testing, component testing, security testing, performance testing, UI/UX testing, A/B testing.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest testing developments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English language.
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Working conditions: Working conditions are normal for an office and field environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2990”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2990 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 31 August 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.