Job Vacancy: Communications Associate
Our client, the continent’s leading impact accelerator is looking for new talent to join our quest to grow the continent’s promising startups and impact enterprises into prosperous and successful members of our societies, creating much needed job opportunities, economic wealth and social transformation.
They seek to recruit a Communications Associate who can fulfill their goals.
You will as Communications Associate be responsible for communicating the leading African accelerator and it impactful activities to a broad range of stakeholders: Funders, investors, prospective applicants for our acceleration programmes, partners, potential clients, alumni and employees etc.
You will be tasked with the execution and follow-up on the organisation’s communications strategy as well as be a key contributor to the development of the strategy going forward.
Integral to the role is the operational and tactical development of a core base of communication resources covering among others: programme templates, profiles and presentations, press releases and interview guidelines.
Developing the fundamental communication resources will be one of the first key tasks.
- Drawing attention of investors, funders, partners and mentors to the clients ventures;
- Development of a core base of communications templates and resources, e.g. interview guidelines, profiles and presentations;
- Attracting high-potential and growth-oriented startups and ventures to our acceleration programmes and other services;
- Co-creation and implementation of communications towards the client’s complex web of clients and stakeholders;
- Developing and refining copywriting for on- and offline plus social communications channels;
- Positioning the client in relevant on- and off-line media especially outside Kenya by co-developing, documenting and maintaining public relations;
- Bringing a data and research supported approach to our communications and positioning;
- Draft periodic reports for funding partners; communicate impact data and derived insights;
- Assisting in the development of funding and partnership proposals;
- Providing communications related advice and support to our ventures, e.g. investor briefs, pitch decks;
- Driving internal communications protocols and policies; train staff on the same.
Skill & Educational Requirements
- 4+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years dedicated within communications;
- Undergraduate degree in communications-related studies (journalism, media, mass comm. etc.).and pursuing a graduate degree preferably in business-related studies (e.g. MBA);
- You can position a brand to stakeholders from diverse geographic and socio-economic backgrounds;
- You have been involved in the development of organisational strategies relating to communications;
- You have clear results in implementation of corporate communications;
- You have impeccable verbal and written English communications skills;
- You have a strong attention to detail; meticulous and hardworking;
- You are a people’s person who enjoys personal contact with a wide range of stakeholders;
- You are resourceful and simply roll up your sleeves to get stuff done. In our environment, we substitute a corporate budget with creativity, network and team work;
- You regularly demonstrate leadership by contributing beyond your area of responsibility;
- You are a team-player and you inspire colleagues to collaborate on communications;
- Previous experience in developing fundraising proposals and donor-communication, managing social and online media, content development on social media and blogs is an asset.
You have the cultural fit to work in the client if:
- You are passionate about seeing Africa’s growth through business and entrepreneurship;
- You are excited to walk hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs and businesses across Africa;
- You are concerned with social issues and innovative approaches;
- You thrive working in fast a growing environment and are flexible to adapt to changes;
- You are open to working when and where the work needs doing (this occasionally includes weekends).
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2967”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2967 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 11 August 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.