Job Vacancy: FMCG Financial Accountant
Our client is a leading alcoholic beverages distributor located in Nairobi, they seek to recruit a highly competent and performance driven accountant who will be responsible for ensuring company compliance with accounting standards and practices and work with the Head of Finance in developing financial strategies for the company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain accounting controls by implementing and recommending policies and procedures
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial accounting and related systems. Set and enforce accounting policy, in addition to working with other departments to develop positions on best practices throughout the organization.
- Prepare financial management reports, including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise record-keeping and data processing.
- Collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts, and consolidated profit and loss reports.
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare and submit all tax and statutory returns and deductions
- Review and process expense reports.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers, manage and communicate with debtors and creditors.
- Preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting data.
- Protect operations by keeping financial data confidential and operate systems to achieve the same
- Document financial transactions by posting accounting data, both present and past.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting data and options.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree from a recognized university preferably a B.com in Finance/Accounting
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar position preferably in FMCG industry
- Must be a CPA (K)
- Applicants must be 35 years & below
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools and applications as well as ERPs
- Ability to conduct system and policy updates
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Financial Accountant) to email@example.com before Monday 7th August 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
4th floor, Mayfair Suites, Parklands Road, Westlands