Magento Developer and Administrator Intern
Your code makes the internet a better place.
You’re crazy about building interactive experiences and obsessing over the details.
You’re an ace at solving problems before they happen.
We are looking for a developer who has experience with Magento and PHP to architect, design, develop, and improve our ecommerce solutions.
Carry Out day-to-day management and operation on our Magento website.
- Generate and update website content (products, content, promotions)
- Work with agencies to build traffic & sales via the website (PPC agency, email marketing provider, e-commerce provider, etc)
- Plan, define and implement website changes and functional improvements
- Maintain and update the online marketing plan for the website
- Monitor key performance indicators on the website and develop plans to improve them
- Previous experience of website or e-commerce CMS (Magento)
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams and to communicate technology issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the disciplines required to drive traffic to retail websites (ppc, email marketing, link generation, online pr, SEO, offline marketing and pr, affiliate programmes, etc)
- Understanding of order management/customer fulfilment in an e-commerce context
- Basic understanding of Google products such as Webmaster Tools & Analytics would be desirable
- Experience of Magento
Detailed responsibilities would include:
- Update product information and content on the website
- Updating and putting banners, images, promotions etc for display on the website (given by the graphic designer)
- Manage website configuration & parameters (eg payment options, stock management)
- Investigate and report any operational/technical issues arising
- Scope and document ongoing website functional projects /improvements
- Test and deploy functional projects /improvements
- Liaise with internal resources regarding the day to day management of the website
- Evaluate approaches & strategies to improve website sales conversions & customer engagement
- Understand and develop sources of traffic (& the factors that influence it): email, SEO, PPC, affiliates, social media, catalogues etc
- Liaise with agencies or in-house teams to implement and support campaigns
- Investigate, evaluate and assess new ways of generating additional traffic/orders
- Produce reports to analyse the performance of all online marketing campaigns and promotions (via reports, analytics, surveys etc)
- To meet and exceed all agreed performance objectives (sales, conversions, engagement)
- Continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- Meet internal service levels for website activity and management
- Maintaining an excellent level of service to the business
Salary: Kshs 15,000 (transport allowance included) renewable contract after 3 months at approximately Kshs 70,000 per month
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
How to Apply
If you meet these requirements please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates.