Save the Children
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries.
We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity.
We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts.
Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children Uganda Country Office is looking to recruit Ugandan Nationals for the above named position.
Role Purpose: The job holder is responsible for the overall accounting and financial reporting functions of SCI.
He/she is responsible for having in place efficient and effective management of SC cash flows, updating and reconciling the accounting ledgers, managing the end of period procedures, ensuring the generation of monthly financial reports, upholding internal controls and building the capacity of both finance and operations teams in finance and budget management.
In addition, the person is responsible for technical supervision of the field finance managers. The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Contract Duration: Open Ended subject to availability of funds
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree or higher in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized university, MUST possess a Postgraduate qualification or professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA
- At least of 5 years relevant working experience in working for International NGOs in a humanitarian and development setting.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables, demonstrates sound knowledge of the relevant tax laws and other statutory obligations and with a sound command of the balance sheet interpretation and presentation.
- Strong background in external donor reporting for an international NGO and experience working with major donors like USAID, SIDA, EU, etc
- Good financial management skills with knowledge of computer Accounting Packages and good understanding of Government budgets and tax policies.
- Proven ability to work with a team under minimal supervision and being able to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Planning, organizing and negotiation skills
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Friday 11 August 2017
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.