Transport Account Manager at a Nairobi Tech Venture
The Company: Lori Systems is a fast growing, technology venture based in Nairobi, Kenya led by Harvard & MIT graduates and backed by local & international investors and advisors.
Leveraging 3 years of research at Harvard and in-house developed technology, Lori has built a logistics platform that is revolutionising the cargo-transport value chain in Africa – from the ground up.
The relative cost of moving goods in the region is one of the highest in the world – leading to up to 75% of a product’s cost going to logistics (compared to 6% in the US). Lori enables the logistics space to operate at an order of magnitude more efficiently than it does today.
Higher efficiency through Lori has been demonstrated to drive costs down which is expected to create new jobs & stimulate overall economic development in a tangible way.
The Position: Lori is seeking a hands-on Transport Account Manager with deep knowledge of the Kenyan transport industry who can successfully manage existing supplier relationships, solving day-to-day issues as well as growing the accounts – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment.
Crucial to this role is attention to detail and professionalism.
What you will do
- Fully own and manage transporter relationships
- Find solutions to day-to-day challenges
- Negotiate with providers on rates & terms
- Grow volumes with existing transporters
- Get creative to push through roadblocks
- Establish metrics for performance
- Gather feedback to improve platform
What you bring to the table
- Record of delivering results at a top firm
- 4+ years in Account Management
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Ability to handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational capacity
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in transport / logistics
- Experience in procurement
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org