Job Vacancy: Regional Finance Manager
Purpose: Eastern Africa Grain Council (EAGC) is a regional private sector membership organization representing stakeholders in the grain value chain in Eastern and Southern Africa.
The mandate of EAGC is to develop, promote, and influence structured grain trading system in the Eastern Africa region including Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan and Malawi.
The post holder is responsible for the financial health of EAGC that includes the development of strategies, policies, systems and processes that safeguard the financial resources, ensure the organization can meets is financial obligations and ensure financial sustainability.
- Develop/review and enforce regional financial policies, procedures and guidelines that ensure compliance with statutory requirements in each country of operation, the maintenance of appropriate books of accounts, and are embedded with the necessary controls.
- Lead the financial planning process for the Council including financial strategic planning, budgeting, fundraising, cash-flow planning, treasury management to maximize returns, etc
- Support the development of new ventures such as partnership, new business streams, etc by providing thorough assessments of their financial viability and sustainability
- Manage the financial performance of the Council to include financial monitoring & evaluation, facilitating pre and post internal and external audits, and the provision of various progress and monitoring reports to the various stakeholders
- Manage tax matters regionally to ensure compliance and minimize the Council’s exposure
- Develop and implement systems that facilitate report generation for internal use and for our various stakeholders including Board papers, statutory and donor reports.
- Manage relationships effectively with the various stakeholders in the region including banks, government institutions as necessary, Council members, business partners, development partners, etc.
- Manage the departmental staff including participating in their recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development as well as discipline management.
- Build the capacity of Council staff on financial matters to enable them plan and manage the financial aspects of their work and comply with the financial policies and procedures.
Academic and professional Qualifications and experience required
- Masters degree preferably in business and a degree in finance/accounting and full professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA
- 15 years relevant work experience which should include experience in the Eastern African region and an understanding of the various financial and tax compliance requirements
- Experience of designing and implementing effective financial systems and controls for efficient financial management and performance monitoring;
- Relationship management, project finance management and report writing particularly experience in donor reporting.
- Computer literate.
- Team player, people leadership-achieving results through people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, initiative and business acumen.
- Highly organized with the capacity to manage several tasks simultaneously, be flexible and be willing to assume a range of unanticipated assignments.
How to apply:
Apply Now via our recruitment portal.
This will require you to create a profile; in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration and the names of three professional referees by close of business Saturday, 30th September, 2017.