Duma works is recruiting for an English and Literature secondary school teacher for one of our client, an international school in Nairobi.
Our client is looking for a committed Teacher to complement their qualified workforce of educators.
You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements;which will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust.
They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated in the entire process of learning and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning;
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning;
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.);
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback;
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom;
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings;
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events;
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- 5+ Years proven experience as a teacher in an international school teaching English & Literature;
- Teaching experience in Cambridge IGCSE and/or A-Level or in any other British Curriculum is mandatory;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a multi- disciplinary instructor;
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures;
- Kenyan Citizenship/Residency is an added advantage;
- Degree in teaching specifically English & Literature;
- Applicants must have a TSC number.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well-organized and committed;
- Eloquence in English;
- Creative and energetic;
- Strong moral values and discipline.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3061”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3061 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29 September 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.