Our client who is one of the prestigious hotels in Kitui County is seeking to fill the following positions in their set up:
Job Summary: Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and band-saw, to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Butchers and meat cutters typically do the following:
- Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
- Tends grinder to grind meat.
- Shapes and ties roasts.
- Estimates requirements and requisition or order meat supply.
- Receives, inspect, and store meat upon delivery.
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cooks.
- Cleans fowl and fish.
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Cut or prepare meats to specification or customer’s orders
- Store meats in at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat sales and order meat supplies
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
- Concentration – must pay close attention to what he/she is doing to avoid injury and waste.
- Customer-service skills – should be courteous, able to answer customers’ questions, and fill orders to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Manual dexterity – must have good hand control in order to make proper cuts of meat that are the right size.
- Physical stamina – ability spend hours on their feet while cutting, packaging, or storing meat.
- Physical strength – should be strong enough to lift and carry heavy items, which often weigh up to 50 pounds.
Education & Experience
- KCSE Certificate – D+ and above
- Previous experience as a butcher man/roaster
- Basic mathematical skill required
How to apply;
If you are up to the challenge and meet the minimum requirements, send cover letter and CV to the following e-mail addresses; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th September, 2017