Our client who is one of the prestigious hotels in Kitui County is seeking to fill the following position in their set up:
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Job Summary: To provide professional and customer focused service to our guests and ensuring their dining experience becomes a memorable experience.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Be proficient in Specialty Outlets and act as an ambassador to it
- Supervise stations and ensure that standards are maintained at all times
- Personally coach, train and develop the F&B service team to ensure good food & beverage knowledge, perfect Sequence of service delivery and our values
- Ensure smooth preparation of the restaurant & Bar side-stations, mise-en-place and table set-ups as per outlets
- Continuously collect feedback from guests and report it back to the Management
- Work in close cooperation with the kitchen staff and stewards as well as the outlet cashiers to ensure a smooth running operation
- Ensure proper appearance and grooming of assigned Colleagues
- Handle the welcome of arriving Guests and their seating through the Hotel and take over, if he/she is not available
- Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with the Outlet patrons to ensure their well-being
- Well versed and knowledge in the Outlet’s menu, promotional activities and other relevant issues concerning the outlets and the Hotel
- Contribute to meet and maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and colleagues’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Handle special dietary requirements in a professional way and keep both Kitchen Sous-chef and Manager informed
- To report any issue within the outlets to Housekeeping maintenance or Security depending on its nature
- Handle in a professional way wine that is rejected or corked and hand-over the same to the Hotel Manager
- Handle a loud, intoxicated or abusive guest
1) Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
2) Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
3) Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
4) Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do work.
5) Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
6) Instructing -Teaching others how to do work.
8) Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
10) Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing your performance and of staff working under you to make improvements or take corrective action.
11) Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
12) Operations Analysis – Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
1) Administration and Management– Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
2) Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel, training, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Experience & Education Required
1). Diploma in food & beverage service /management
2). Ability to understand the menu items
3). 3 to 5 years experience in a busy hotel
How to apply;
If you are up to the challenge and meet the minimum requirements, send cover letter and CV to the following e-mail addresses; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th September, 2017