Our client who is one of the prestigious hotels in Kitui County is seeking to fill the following position in their set up:
Job Summary: Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals, educational institutions, and similar establishments.
Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action. May purchase housekeeping supplies and equipment, take periodic inventories, screen applicants, train new employees, and recommend dismissals.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Obtains list of areas to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning areas cleaned and department expenses.
- Selects and requisition new furnishings.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
- Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of areas ready for occupancy.
- Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Management of Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing room stewards as they work, identifying the best stewards for the job, obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do work.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Knowledge, Experience, Education Required for: “Housekeeping Supervisor”
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Administration and Management– Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Education & Experience
- Higher Diploma in Housekeeping from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of detergents & cleaning equipment
- Proper knowledge in cleaning procedures
- 3 to 5 years experience in housekeeping in a busy organization
How to apply;
If you are up to the challenge and meet the minimum requirements, send cover letter and CV to the following e-mail addresses; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th September, 2017