Our client who is one of the prestigious hotels in Kitui County is seeking to fill the following position in their set up:
Job Summary: Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties.
Provide information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within organization.
Job Duties and Tasks
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following;
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets and other documents.
- Greet guests entering the hotel, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers and public.
- File and maintain records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Schedule appointments, and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Provide information about the hotel, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the hotel facility, or services provided.
- Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
- Take orders for services or materials and send them to the proper departments to be acted upon.
- Schedule space and equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants in liaison with the hotel Manager
- Process and prepare correspondence.
- Perform duties such as taking care of plants and straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Education & Experience
- Holder of Diploma in Administration/secretarial & front office operations (a Degree in the same field is an added advantage)
- At least 2 years experience in a busy front office
- Customer and Personal Service– Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
How to apply;
If you are up to the challenge and meet the minimum requirements, send cover letter and CV to the following e-mail addresses; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th September, 2017