St. Francis Community Hospital
Job Vacancy: Human Resource Advisor
- Bachelors degree in any business related course
- A higher national diploma in human resource management
- Must have valid membership to the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Knowledge on HRIS System is an added advantage
- Proven 3 years working experience with a workforce of at least 200 employees
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Hospital.
Key Professional Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of HR and administrative procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Thorough understanding of the Kenya Labor Laws
- Excellent and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Must be result-oriented.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines: high caliber time management competency
- Must be culturally sensitive
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall Hospital strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Respond to staff/managers enquiries in a timely manner
- Assist in processing payroll monthly and maintaining accurate up to date staff records
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Prepare and update all the Hospital job descriptions for all designations
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance on Half year/End Year Review.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR department
- Conduct disciplinary meeting and taking appropriate actions as laid down under the Hospital HR policies and procedures as well as the Employment Act 2007
- Update the Staff Training Report on quarterly basis
- Review the Hospital employment contract and contract renewals
- Preparing the HR budget for the full financial year on training, department vacancies, annual party, other HR activities etc
- Knowledge of job evaluation and salary structures
- Maintain of all HR files and ensure that they are all up to date
- Able to conduct termination process as per the Hospital procedures by ensuring all the process are done correctly i.e. exit interview, end of service letter, Full and Final Payment Calculation dues etc
Mode of application
All interested candidates are requested to read the attached job description and send their application to email@example.com by Thursday, 28th September 2017.
Please mark the job title as your subject on the application letter and attach testimonials and a detailed CV indicating your current and expected pay.