ICAP is a centre within the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University in New York.
In Kenya it is operating as an NGO to provide strategic technical support and innovative approaches to address priority and emergent public health challenges.
ICAP is collaborating with national and county governments to strengthen systems and provide quality and patient-centered health care. Applications are invited for the following position:
Job Title: Regional Director – Nyanza
Location: Kisumu with travel within ICAP MOH facilities in Nyanza
Overall Job Function: The Regional Director is a key member of the organizational and technical teams with overall responsibility for the planning, implementation and success of a complex HIV prevention care and treatment program including programming for people who inject drugs, gender-based violence recovery and quality improvement activities.
- To provide dynamic, charismatic and visionary leadership for a multidisciplinary team of health professionals
- To develop and continually revise a dynamic project work plan
- To coordinate and inspire a team of professionals to deliver project outcomes
- To ensure extraordinary attainment of key performance indicators
- To provide technical support and supervision to health care providers in the region
- To build the capacity and motivation of professionals within the program
- To develop honest, meaningful and productive relationships with funders, government and non-governmental stakeholders
- Degree in Medicine
- Clinical experience including significant amount of HIV medicine
- Higher level degrees in medicine, Public Health or administration an advantage
- Previous experience in HIV Programming
- Experience within national health care system
- Capacity to oversee complex HIV programs
- Administrative, management and budgetary experience within a health program
All applications should be sent to the Director-Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 15, 2017.
Please include a concise current CV not exceeding 3 pages including telephone number and three referees (one who should be a current or previous supervisor). Salary will be commensurate with experience inclusive of attractive benefits.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer