Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Management Accountant.
The hiring company is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a substantial return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets.
About Us: We take a transaction-centered approach to frontier markets. We provide investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unleashing investment across all sectors in fragile and frontier markets.
Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions. Our direct investment arm, finances solar projects in Africa.
Job Description: We are recruiting a Management Accountant role to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya.
This is a multi-faceted role that will require a dynamic, pragmatic but extremely organized individual to assist with preparation of financial statements, cash management, supplier management and all aspects of management accounting for our local entities.
About the Team: We operate in frontier markets that also hold immense investment opportunities. Our team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world.
Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Process payments and ensures that all approved payments are made accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensures that all payments have adequate supporting documents that correct payment voucher numbers and budget codes have been allocated accurately, and that all necessary authorizations have been obtained
- Performs reconciliations of transactions involving suppliers and other service providers
- Updates and maintains the CB’s computerized financial accounting systems
- Under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Operations, prepares management accounts for the local entities
- Prepares bank reconciliations and maintains a complete file on the monthly financial transactions
Audit and Tax Compliance
- Assists the DFO in the preparation of the accounting for the annual audit reports
- Assists in the submission of VAT and withholding VAT for all our entities
- Manages the accounting for withholding tax for all suppliers and submission to tax authorities
- Facilitates the submission of all statutory deduction payments
- Assists the DFO with the development of annual administration budgets and forecasts
- Maintains the budgetary tracking reports and provides budget/ actual variance reports
Office Inventory / Insurance
- Receives all inventory items from suppliers, verifies such deliveries against approved orders, and ensures such items are safely and securely stored
- Assists in the maintenance of contracts database and ensuring that this is well updated
- Updates the fixed assets register and accurately tracking disposal and acquisition of new assets
- Assists in managing renewal service contracts for all the regional offices
Criteria for Success
We seek highly motivated people with outstanding credentials and a strong record of professional accomplishment.
In addition, we place high value on: flexibility, resourcefulness, responsibility, independence, energy, and self-confidence.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- A proven ability to think analytically and critically
- An action -oriented, a self-starter, can work independently, as well as in teams
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong time management proficiency
- Sound, mature judgment and integrity
- Personal qualities of humility and capacity for self-reflection
- Commitment to CB’s mission and core values of equity and fairness, diversity, voice and participation, knowledge and creativity, humility and respect, and honesty and integrity
- University degree in an area related to Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or its equivalent
- Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA), is a plus
- Minimum 3 years related working experience with at least 2 years’ in International organization
- Knowledge of accounting systems, financial reporting and internal methodologies
- Able to manage a diverse workload with competing priorities
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information
- Computer proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- In-depth experience with ERP systems (such as Deltek, Sage, Quickbooks and Pastel will be an added advantage
- Ability to maintain high performance standards with attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultured environment
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3058”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3058 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 30 September 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.