Job Title: Network System Administrator
Gross Salary: 80k – 120k
Our client is a BPO firm handling mainly IT projects and is looking to recruit a Network Systems Administrator.
The person will use extensive knowledge, experience and skills to maintain and enhance all network infrastructures.
This includes overseeing all servers, firewalls, routers & switches, and other equipment. The ideal candidate will also play a role in revising company’s security plan.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Completes a daily analysis of network devices for any potential performance, availability, and/or stability issues, and resolve any issues that are discovered.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Provides on-demand support for end user issues relating to network performance and availability.
- Acts as the primary escalation point for networking issues, working directly with Service Desk Team, and external providers to resolve any issues that arise.
- Provides training to Service Desk on topics such as basic network troubleshooting and incident management.
- Produces and maintains detailed network diagrams, technical documentation for all processes and procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Maintain the network infrastructure including all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment
- Configures new and upgrade network components as newer technology becomes available
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies & implement new technology that supports business requirements
- Maintain & update Cisco ASA Firewall , Router and Switch configurations as needed
- Works and communicates at a technical level with vendors and vendor support services to troubleshoot network issues.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Monitors the network team ticket queue, works any tickets possible, and escalates when necessary. Provides assistance and expertise to other IT team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3+ years experience of Network administration
- Must have Cisco certifications (CCNA,CCNP)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching with Cisco routers, switches, WiFi, and firewalls
- Must have Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux and Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP,SSH, SSL, Email (POP3/IMAP/SMTP), FTP, TCP/IP networking, and Firewall Configurations etc.)
- Virtualization experience with VMware, citrix and Hyper-V
- Experience with Active directory administration
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and team skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Marketing & Communications Manager – Motorbikes) to email@example.com on or before 3rd October 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted