Position: Quality Controller
Job Location: Nairobi
Nature of job: Full time
Job Summary: Our client, a manufacturing company of FMCG products seeks to recruit a Quality Controller with good experience in a food manufacturing company.
The aim of this job is to deliver finished products on time and in full consistent with intended, Productivity, Quality, Delivery, Safety and Morale expectations.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform to the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as per the laid down operational procedures.
- Maintaining clean Quality Control records and properly filing them within 24 hours. You must make sure the records are completed and up to date before filing.
- Carrying out pre-shipment inspections on goods being dispatched to the market.
- Monitor application of FIFO principles in the raw material and finished goods stores
- Analyze samples from suppliers and present samples and process results for approval.
- Provide support to the Production staff by performing direct product testing and laboratory analysis of in-process materials/products
- Uphold high levels of hygiene and good housekeeping in the laboratory
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
Key skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science and Technology or any other related qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience as a QC in a food manufacturing company
- Quality focused Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and reporting skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.