Our client in the Real Estate is looking to fill the position of Finance and Admin Officer.
Financial management and accounting
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations including Billing, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Calculating management/agency fees to charge client.
- Issuing an official and ETR receipt for fees.
- Ensure seamless co-ordination and co-operation between Finance and other departments to facilitate the fast growth of the company.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Participate in arranging for financing and maintaining investor relationships
- Invest funds
- Manage day to day financial control within budget
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored, including credit control.
- Act as a cheque signatory for and authorizes expenditure up to limits as agreed by management
Budget and reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and periodic reports to the investors, board and board committees.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management.
- Engage in benchmarking studies with Operations to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Review company bottlenecks with Operations and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput.
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals.
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Conduct financial risk analysis and management.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring of financial records is carried out.
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely and in line with legislative requirements.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Ensure, delegating as appropriate, that each service location is adequately managed, staffed and resourced.
- Overview of Policies and Procedures, Employment, Volunteer and Internship Agreements.
- Preparing payroll and processing salaries.
- Handling immediate employee complaints, grievances and disciplinary issues.
- Conducting initial orientation to newly hired employees.
Qualifications and competencies
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Full CPA-K qualifications.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Senior Finance Officer or a comparable position preferably in Real Estate or Valuation.
- Good knowledge of administration and management.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Possesses extensive knowledge in accounting and economics.
- Good working knowledge of relevant statutory and tax regulations.
- Financial planning and budgeting skills.
If you are qualified for this position kindly send your CV ONLY indicating your CURRENT AND EXPECTED SALARY to email@example.com by 2nd October 2017.
The subject of the email should be “ Finance and Admin Officer”.