Our client in the Real Estate Industry is looking to fill the position of Property Manager.
The Property Manager is responsible for the direct management oversight of assigned commercial / residential properties.
The goal is to maximize asset value, customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Lead collaboration with key team members to develop and recommend strategies for properties
- Ensure strategy identifies speculative buying opportunities, details the strategy for existing inventory including pricing strategy to ensure business goals are exceeded.
- Ensure the strategy balances the cost of investment and barriers to market including repair and restoration investments. Be entrepreneurial and develop marketing push strategies as required.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with finance department in preparation of statements and approval of invoices.
- Hold regular meeting with department staff for the purpose of reviewing policies and procedures, discussing problems or concerns related to the sites.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements including: fire safety, construction permits, certificate of occupation, filing taxes, business permits and timely land rates and rents.
- Should be knowledgeable on the national laws governing property management.
- Managing rent collections from tenants.
- Establishing reasons for late payment or non-payment of rent.
- Issuing demand letters to tenants.
- Locking property after failure to observe demand letter.
- Supervision and Coordination of regular inspection of properties using the Inspection Form and preparing a final report of the properties for the clients.
Repair and maintenance
- Approving property repairs quotation.
- Discussing detailed property repairs quotation with signatory.
- Producing Deposit Utilization Voucher, Tenant Deposit Refund Statement and Deposit Refund Payment Voucher.
- Disbursing property repair funds to Assistant Property Manager.
- Supervising property vacation
- Train, manage, supervise and evaluate staff including building supervisors, maintenance and security personnel in property management.
- Ensuring that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them.
Qualifications and competencies
- Three to five years previous experience in property management with one-year supervisory experience.
- Degree in Land Economics or related field with a Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Good people management skills are required including the ability to upwardly manage Clients.
- High stress tolerance.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office packages with competent general computer skills.
- Must be a registered member of the Estate Agents Registration Board (EARB) or the Institute of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK).
If you are qualified for this position kindly send your CV ONLY indicating your CURRENT AND EXPECTED SALARY to email@example.com by 2nd October 2017.
The subject of the email should be “ Property Manager”.