Our client in the Real Estate industry is looking to fill the position of Valuation Manager.
The main role of the Valuation Manager will be to assess a property and give an informed and objective opinion of its true worth as per the terms of reference from the client:
- Inspection of property for valuation purposes
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Writing valuation reports
- Selling and letting of property
- Giving consultancy services
- Maintaining documentation
Strategy and Policy
- Work with team plans that support the delivery of the divisional strategies and policies and ensure that they can be owned and understood at the individual level.
Performance and Customer Focus
- Deliver property management solutions and valuations for a range of internal and external clients, in line with performance management targets as set by the Valuation Manager.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with customers of Property and Valuation Services and those departments acting as suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate performance indicators for service delivery and ensure that they are used to focus on and improve performance across the work area.
- Be aware of and anticipate and manage risks appropriately according to specific work tasks.
- Be aware of the function of business processes minimizing the risk of fraud, and alert management in respect of any suspected incident.
- Understand the functions of the team and divisional budgets and ensure cost effective service provision and value for money in all work activities.
- Lead and develop the valuation team so that the staffs have skills, experience and motivation to deliver an excellent service.
- Conducting Valuation and development appraisals together with due diligence for loan, acquisition and accounts purposes.
- Provide general analytical assistance and client field work on various valuation projects
- Reviewing, verification and preparation of detailed valuation reports and ensuring that material discrepancies arising between internal and external valuation comparisons are appropriately researched, resolved and documented.
- Developing a strategic roadmap for future valuation capabilities including a periodic reassessment of valuations systems, methodologies, and bench-marking against best practices, accounting standards, and market potential.
- Presentation of valuation advice to clients.
- Receive instructions and discuss payment terms
- Check to confirm the purpose of the valuation – (sale, mortgage, book keeping, forced sale – foreclosure, house allowance etc.)
- Receive proper documentation – copy of the title, letter of instructions* (could be through email)
- Handle client – communicate, receive instructions etc.
- Ensure the Title details are clear and correct
- Liaise with valuation assistant to conduct the searches and the get the survey plan
- Plan inspection to get details of the contact person on site/for the property (ensure house is open, get contact details, read the survey plan to get actual location, plan the route and the logistics of getting to the property)
- Carry out inspection of property etc. (take photos, take measurements, describe the property specifications in detail as required, compare property with survey plan to confirm details are correct, carry out survey of the property in the neighborhood)
- Carry out a market survey to compare prices in order to come up with a comparative value – analysis
Qualifications and competencies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, or an MBA with a strong concentration in analytical finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Land Economics or related field
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ work experience leading valuations function.
- Experience with managing modeling and periodic valuation processes for valuation software.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in leading a team of valuations professionals.
- Must be a registered member of The Institute of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Should be skilled at developing and provide leadership to individuals and teams to deliver high performance and value for money.
- Exhibit great interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
If you are qualified for this position kindly send your CV ONLY indicating your CURRENT AND EXPECTED SALARY to email@example.com by 2nd October 2017.
The subject of the email should be “ Valuation Manager”.