Our client in the Real Estate industry is looking to fill the position of a Valuer.
The main role of the Valuer will be to support the efficient management of valuation activities in the department.
- Client service
- Assisting in carrying out valuations of land and property.
- Check to confirm the purpose of the valuation – (sale, mortgage, book keeping, forced sale – foreclosure, house allowance etc.)
- Value and negotiate best consideration rents and disposals of council owned property to third parties and partners.
- Ensuring valuation fees for the jobs undertaken are promptly collected and properly accounted for. Ensure the invoices are forwarded to client as per instructions.
- Assist in carrying out a market survey to compare prices in order to come up with a comparative value – analysis.
- Obtain county land values and sales information about nearby properties in order to aid in establishment of property values.
- Compile information.
- Calculate the value.
- Prepare invoice showing valuation fees as discussed.
- Drafting Valuation reports for review, appraisal and future reference.
- Forward draft to Valuation Manager for review and approval.
- Make relevant changes as discussed and recommended by the Valuation Manager.
- With approval from the Valuation Manager, print final copy of report.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with customers of valuation services.
- Managing caseloads efficiently, meeting targets as required through valuation documentation through prioritization of most pressing need to the least pressing.
- Handle client – communicate, receive instructions etc.
- Receive proper documentation – copy of the title, letter of instructions* (could be through email).
- Ensure the Title details are clear and correct.
- Ensure inspection documents are filed properly such as photos, measurements, property specifications in detail as required.
- Ensure the reports and the invoices are forwarded to client as per instructions.
- Ensure all documentation is filed correctly (photos, location route plan, survey plan, copy of report, title, search copy, plans if given, mutation plans etc.).
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in land economics or real estate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a range of valuation practices.
- Membership to EARB, ISK or relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
If you are qualified for this position kindly send your CV ONLY indicating your CURRENT AND EXPECTED SALARY to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd October 2017.
The subject of the email should be “ Valuer”.