Resolution Insurance is a General Insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
Resolution assures financial security and comfort by offering comprehensive insurance solutions in a dependable, reliable, and transparent manner.
Today, Resolution Insurance offers a number of products namely Medical Plans, Travel Plans, Liability Plans, Property Covers, Motor Covers and all other classes of General Insurance in the markets where it operates.
We currently have over 100,000 members and have partnered with a robust network of over 800 medical service providers across East Africa, managing the diversified health insurance needs of corporates, social groups, families and individuals.
In keeping up with our recruitment needs, we are currently looking to fill the position below:
Reporting to the Manager- Business Applications, the Systems Programmer’s overall purpose is to develop high quality software solutions and API’s.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Work closely with the business analysis team to develop, maintain, debug, and test computer programs.
2. Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
3. Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
4. Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
5. Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
6. Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
7. Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science.
- At least 2 years working experience as programmer.
- Proficient in MSSQL.
- Proficient In Dot Net, PHP, Python, Java – Programming Languages.
- Proficient in Java script and or VB Script.
- Successful development of Integrations using Web services will be an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Analytical Thinking: Computer programmers need to understand, manipulate, and repair complex computer code.
- Strong Attention to Detail: Computer programmers need to pay attention to every line of code written.
- Collaboration: Computer programmers may need help from another department or colleague to fix a software issue.
- General Programming Skills, Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit
our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Tuesday 26th September 2017.
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.