Job: Restaurant Manager in Juba (South Sudan)
The Role: To lead all aspects of the business. To deliver a high-quality menu and motivate the staff to provide excellent customer service. To maintain the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals, ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree/diploma in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
- Management skills and experience in both front and back of the house.
- Must know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Waiters, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
- Expected to lead by example and uplift the staff during busy moments in the fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- The East African Community is encouraged to apply. Work permits will be provided
Qualified persons to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted