Vacancy: Finance Officer
Purpose: To support SAPCONE with a range of Financial and Administrative support.
Report to: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Lodwar Office
Closing date: 6th October, 2017
About SAPCONE: SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non-profit making indigenous organization with diverse development in Kenya and more so in ASAL and South Omo zone in Ethiopia.
Our head office is in Lodwar town in Turkana County with core mandate empowering marginalized communities for sustainable development
The main activities have revolved around; good governance and human rights, education and child protection initiatives and natural resource management.
SAPCONE involved in other community development interventions such as rain water harvesting and livelihoods Programmes that are labor intensive like road works and sanitation improvements in households in and around Turkana County.
It also deals with civic education and promotes peace building and conflict mitigation, Emergency response, Conflict early warning and families’ re-unification as a result of cross border atrocities among other programmes and projects.
The Finance Officer will provide support to the finance and administration manager on the day-to-day finances.
- Record financial transactions in line with SAPCONE & donor requirements.
- Process timely payments for goods and services received.
- Managing and reconciling bank/cash books, preparation of monthly financial accounts for submission to SAPCONE, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management of records as required for auditing.
- Adhere to the Head of Support/Director instructions (as Budget Holder) to ensure that expenditures are in line with SAPCONE policies and financial procedures.
- Coordinate any interim and annual audits.
- Ensure proper accounting of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Maintain, at all times, accurate and up-to-date financial record and provide information when required.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for financial monitoring and progress of programme funds and grants.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections, assisting the HOS in preparing monthly cash forecast according to donor requirements, as requested.
- Maintain collection and storage of regular financial reports and budget records.
- Ensure adherence to the SAPCONE finance and administration guidelines at all times.
- Provide soft and hard copies of monthly financial reports on deadline.
- Assist in the preparation of donor reporting, interim and final.
- Preparation of Statutory remittance to concerned bodies as provided for in the payroll – NHIF, NSIF, NSSF, Consultants withholding tax remissions and Annual returns. This needs to be done within the deadlines given.
- Issuance and monitoring of Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for goods and services.
- Be responsible for the posting of the monthly finance pouch and include all necessary documents, as outlined by line manager.
- Follow any procedures and guidelines as laid out by SAPCONE and provide comments on where it can be more effective for the programme.
- Work in close collaboration with other staff members, and provide back up support where necessary.
- Liaise and communicate through line management
- Any other duties specified by the Head of Support or Director as appropriate for the role.
- Kenyan national
- BSc in Business Finance, Finance or other related fields preferred
- CPA qualified preferred section 6 or CPA K.
- Proven experience in financial accounting of not less than 2 years
- Excellent computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Strong financial management experience with admin experience a strong advantage
- Experience in liaising with Government, NGOs, UN and other organizations.
- Experience in financial reporting on UN,ECHO, DFID, OFDA, USAID grants
- Experience in preparing, reporting against and reforecasting budgets
- Experience in Quick Books
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work, preferably with more than 2 years’ experience of working with an NGO
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a multicultural setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision at various points
- Familiarity with and commitment to SAPCONE vision and mission, and willingness to promote this in the field.
Please submit your Updated C.V. and cover letter indicating the position on the subject line to email@example.com handwritten application must be addressed to undersigned before close of business on 6th October, 2017.
The Human Resource Coordinator,
P O Box 125, Lodwar 30500 Lodwar.
Note: SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are especially encouraged to apply.