Job Title: Procurement Officer
About SAPCONE: SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non-profit making indigenous organization with diverse development in Kenya and more so in ASAL and South Omo zone in Ethiopia.
Our head office is in Lodwar town in Turkana County with core mandate empowering marginalized communities for sustainable development.
The main activities have revolved around; good governance and human rights, education and child protection initiatives and natural resource management.
SAPCONE involved in other community development interventions such as rain water harvesting and livelihoods Programmes that are labor intensive like road works and sanitation improvements in households in and around Turkana County.
It also deals with civic education and promotes peace building and conflict mitigation, Emergency response, Conflict early warning and families’ re-unification as a result of cross border atrocities among other programmes and projects.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all procurement functions and implementing the procurement strategy to support our organization’s overall strategy.
- In liaison with the Programs Director, develop and implement procurement policies and procedures, implement internal controls that are in line with the policies and procedures.
- Implement the procurement process, and manage and control the procurement budget to maximize savings.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
- Develop and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Review stock management system to determine re-order requirements, identify the most suitable supplier from the pre-qualified suppliers;
- Receive approved requisitions and prepare and dispatch/ delivery notes as needed for provisions and follow up to ensure timely delivery;
- Monitor unfilled orders and if necessary consult requisitioning departments for alternative specifications, or to guide on alternative suppliers.
- Ensure quality products are sourced and supplied at the best prices.
- Collect and collate information/statistics in preparation for negotiations and renewal thereof of service contracts for equipment and machinery.
- Coordinate the printing and ordering of stationery, price reviews on all types of stationery, obtaining quotations from suppliers to facilitate negotiations for good prices.
- Verify bills against orders before forwarding for authorization and eventually, payment by Finance department.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, standards and best practices.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- Qualifications in accounts training
- Three years’ procurement and contract management experience, preferably in a training institution
- Possession of a professional procurement qualification, such as C.I.P.S, KISM
- Technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports;
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Spoken and written fluency in English desired; and
- Customer service skills
- Ability to interact positively with management, and other employees, to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant and progressive work experience gained working in large training / Nonprofit organizations
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Obtain value for money from supply chain process
- Effective and efficient coordination of the procurement process
- Promote an understanding of procurement competencies in the organization
Key Performance Measures:
- Goods and services delivered on time
- Receipt of correct order quantities
- Working within reasonable purchasing spend
- Internal customer satisfaction
How to Apply
Please submit your Updated C.V. and cover letter indicating the position on the subject line to email@example.com handwritten application must be addressed to undersigned before close of business on 6th October, 2017.
The Human Resource Coordinator,
P O Box 125, Lodwar 30500 Lodwar.
Note: SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are especially encouraged to apply.