Job Vacancy: National Coordinator – Stakeholder Relations
Our client provides young secondary school students in Kenya with an opportunity to participate in scientific learning experiences and to explore the unlimited potential of science.
They have exciting global projects that popularize science through an outreach programme and attractive annual exhibition and competitions that schools and students can participate in.
They are looking for a National Coordinator to be responsible for championing the project at the executive level and head the Secretariat. Under the supervision of the Advisory Board, the incumbent will lead and oversee the implementation of the pilot phase, develop and deliver a comprehensive long term strategic plan for business development.
The National Coordinator is also responsible for liaising with all relevant government and non- government stakeholders, engaging sponsors and awareness.
The Ideal candidates will have experience in the education sector, research, stakeholder engagement and program management.
- Develop and deliver the strategy for new business development appropriate to need and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Ensure work is conducted within the context of the overall governance and management of annual plan, fundraising strategy and long-term strategy.
- Maintain overall responsibility and accountability for ensuring that outcomes are achieved and reported.
- Create and nurture partnerships and programs with higher education, science-based research institutions and the business sector.
- Act as the Secretary at the Advisory Board meetings: Prepares the contents, agenda and minutes for the Advisory Board meetings.
- Accountable for the implementation of the corporate finance policies and procedures, ensure effective financial management, asset management and financial accountability.
- Partner Liaison, communication and Fundraising.
- Advise the Advisory Board on stakeholder engagement status
- Responsible for regular communication with sponsors and relevant stakeholders on the management and supervision of programmer implementation.
- Develop strategies for raising profile by defining and managing a new communication strategy.
- Planning, scheduling, coordination of internal and external service providers engaged in all phases of the annual exhibition’s conceptual development and physical delivery.
- Must have a minimum of a Management, Business Administration or Education Management
- Bachelor degree/background in science or a relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Experience of developing and implementing partnership development activities.
- Extensive use of project management approaches including setting project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing.
Contract Terms: 1 year contract (with possibility of extension)
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience plus other benefits
Travel expected, approximately 50%, mostly within the country including some minimal global travel.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews