Job Title: Technical Operator
Job Location: Nairobi
Nature of job: Full time
Summary: Our client a food manufacturing company in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Technical Operator.
The aim of this job is asset care and to deliver finished products on time and in full consistent with intended Productivity, Quality, Delivery, Safety and Morale expectation.
- Observing all rules and regulations as stipulated in the company policies and regulations (Food safety policy, hygiene rules, and code of conduct).
- Signing and following of SOPs and as directed by the supervisor.
- Report to the supervisor any untoward activity or that which goes against the spirit of the food safety policy, hygiene rules and the code of conduct.
- Responsible for housekeeping (Cleaning and arranging of items in an orderly manner) around the work area at all times during and after production.
- Record keeping of all work including waste generated from work.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Focusing on factory operational efficiencies for lines allocated; OEE and OTIFEF
- Full implementation of Kaizen concepts on lines allocated; 5S, SMED, AM Step 1 & 2
- Writing daily production summary reports on time.
- Updating weekly and monthly figures on the Continuous Improvement Board
- Training machine attendants and operators on advanced settings and troubleshooting
- Managing visual displays on allocated lines and machines
- Maintaining and updating machine settings on site(machines) and Production Folder
- Cleaning, Inspection and Lubrication of all machines and their records and any other assignment as directed by superior.
- Calculate mean time between failures and mean time to repair and be part of root cause seeking thereof.
- Participate in all problem solving sessions where machines are involved.
- Ensure that process equipment are maintained clean all the time and update cleaning records.
- Report any product non-conformities as a result of machine failure to the section supervisor, and isolate any affected product to prevent unintended use.
- Maintain proper documentation of all the activities as stipulated in the various SOPs.
- Should learn how to run and operate all machinery in production. (G1, G2,G4 & Grinding)
- Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ working experience in FMCG (Manufacturing)
- In Depth knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send a detailed CV to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.