Duma Works is recruiting a Sales Representative for our client;a leading battery and renewable energy distributor in the East African region.
Overview: The position holder will be responsible for acquiring new business and upgrading current customer database through prospecting, sizing and quotations of client’s application solution.
Key focus includes identification and definition of customer requirements, direct involvement in customer’s presentations, while interphasing with technical department to ensure efficient, effective installation works to all clients for Solar Water Heating (SWH) and Power back-up(PBS) systems, and any other related product that may be assigned under this position.
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales targets.
- Develop sales opportunities by prospecting, soliciting and identifying potential accounts
- Building rapport with customers while providing technical information and explanations
- Preparing and presenting quotations
- University graduate B.Com/business administration with related professional qualifications in sales and marketing. Energy Engineering is a plus.
- Proven track record in sales & marketing, preferably in the solar industry
- Thorough knowledge in technical/electrical field will be an added advantage.
- Should be computer literate.
- Minimum of 4 years experience.
- ERC Licence is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Valid driving licence, with over 3 years driving experience
- High level of Integrity
- Strong, clear communication skills.
- Excellent in prospecting and closing sales
- Leadership & Time Management skills.
- Strong organization, planning and team building skills
- Strong commitment and self-drive
- Proactive and result oriented individual, with sound management skills
- Global/Cultural Management.
- Be ready to travel extensively and at short notice.
- Sound understanding of related Finance
- Self-initiative, self-motivated and loyal.
- Confident & eloquent
Achieve and exceed solar sales targets
- Identify current and future customer’s service requirements
- Establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients in a position to understand power backup needs & requirements.
- Provide product, service and technical information.
- Establish new accounts and service contract accounts by identifying potential customers, planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Create service contracts.
- Arrange for demonstration and trial installations of equipment products and services.
- Partner with real estate companies, and solicit SWH business in new upcoming estates.
- Prepare quotations and directly present to clients and demonstrate how our product meets client’s needs.
- Personally hand-over your client’s systems, ensuring that you give basic training on usage.
- Accurately diagnose problems with installed equipments, giving feedback to clients as appropriate.
- Monitor competitors products, strategy, new technology and activities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations including pre-sale technical assistance and product education.
- Visit prospective clients at commercial, industrial or other establishments to show samples, catalogues, and to inform them about product principles and advantages/gains and/or long term benefits.
- Manage accounts debt collections and payments in line with company credit policies.
- Prepare reports as directed by the Team leader: SWH & PBU, or the Sales Manager
Service clients and provide relationship management
- Develop and grow long-term relationship with all clients.
- Personally visit all ongoing installations sites to ensure attainment of quality works, smooth handover and develop close strong relationship.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows and other events
- Ensure provision of quality service and support to all our clients from site survey, delivery, and technical advice and after sales service.
- Provide regular entertainment through lunches, dinners to key clients, to maintain a strong relationship.
- Document all sales activities, generate reports and keep records on transactions with clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Maintain a data base for contractors, quantity surveyors, architects, real estate agents, commercial and medium/small scale developers etc. who can partner with our organization
- Contribute to technical sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and course of action; implementing directives and giving a one point lesson (OPL)
- Advise management on strategic issues relating to product lines materials, new proposals and problem areas.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3107”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3107 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||