Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager to join a well-established and growing team in Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL).
We are looking for experienced professionals and innovative individuals with imagination and determination to deliver a clear vision and first class services.
If you have an excellent sales track record in this area with solid experience in investments, this is an opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Head – Business Development and Client service CISL, the role holder will grow the existing sales channels and increase the Net Funds under Management, maintain superior client service to all of the Company’s clients, and develop company products to ensure we remain competitive and ensure all the board’s objectives are achieved.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Participate in formulation and review of Company’s strategic plan including annual targets.
- Maintain regular communication with the Client to understand their changing circumstances and investment needs.
- Send investment reports to Clients regularly as stipulated to keep them informed of developments in their investment portfolios including investment performance, update them on current investment market, economic environment and outlook as well as our proposed investment actions in line with investment policy and market expectations.
- Handling Customer enquiries and resolution of complaints while encouraging feedback with a view to improve service as well as handle client payment requests and validation process to establish instructions originate from the Client.
- Foster good relationship with the Client and cross sell other group products to them.
- Handle account closure, establish reason for account closure and document accordingly.
- Assist in formulation of marketing strategy, identifying target clientele and development of deal pipeline for the respective products.
- Participate in product development in addition to identifying an appropriate forum to showcase products, prepare proposals to prospect after identifying their investment needs and follow up to close transactions.
- Submit account opening documents to operations department for forwarding to legal for signature and for Client installation in the System and ensure forward of a counterpart of the investment management agreement to the Client with appropriate welcome letter.
- Maintain Client files for correspondences, copies of investment reports, Client payment instructions, call reports, file notes and any other documents for the Clients and review them to ensure complete and up to date records.
- Ensure important Client documents including Investment Management Agreements, Fee agreements, Investment Policies, are stored in the safe.
- Attending scheduled Staff Meetings, Business Development meetings, and other meetings convened within the division and prepare Call Reports following meetings with Clients, circulate to relevant individuals and retain a copy in the Client File.
- Communicate to the Investment manager any significant developments affecting the Client to enable timely rebalancing of portfolios as appropriate.
- Maintain a dash board to monitor performance of portfolio managers in marketing efforts and other appropriate measures.
- Be familiar with various investments held and be able to offer justification to the Clients on purchase/hold or sale decisions undertaken.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized university. Possession of additional professional qualifications including ICIFA registration, CISI exam modules, CFA Charter holder, CPA K,
- Professional Marketing courses or relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressively more responsible investment experience in a pensions related field.
- Knowledge of Hi-portfolio investment system in addition to all round knowledge of Investment products and services and general operations.
- Working understanding of the rules set up by the market regulators i.e. Retirement Benefits Authority, Capital Markets Authority, Laws relating to Estate Planning and the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Excellent communication & inter-personal skills with experience in preparation and presentation of investment reports and proposals
- Knowledge of current affairs affecting the financial sector of the economy with a general awareness of the historical trends of various market segments that will aid in making forecasts on client targets and timely product offerings.
- Demonstrated leadership, personnel management, and project management skills.
How to apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application letter enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number BDM/CISL/2017 by 6th November, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Monday, November 6, 2017