A leading Manufacturer in the FCMG segment has the following vacancy:
Sales Business Development Manager
Plan, direct and implement Sales strategies and programs to generate sales of company’s products in order to achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Identify new market segments and craft strategies to exploit opportunities for increased sales.
- Develop Sales plans and budgets for sales team.
- Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activity and trends.
- Maintains and expands customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers
- Develop accurate sales forecasting and work with the Production lead to ensure to prevent any stock-outs
- Team building and fostering team spirit across the sales team for joint success
- Lead from the front to motivate the team through regular team meetings and on the Job training
- Hold weekly meetings/monthly reviews with sales team focusing on key KPI’s and activities
- Actively and constantly evaluate the sales team productivity levels to ensure they are in line with targets
- Monitor and control the sales team travel allowances to ensure optimum utilization in line with Sale’s objectives
- Debt Management for overdue payments and accounts
- Provide feedback to management on effectiveness of sales strategies
- Maintain account information, generate reports and manage sales productivity in a CRM System
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to create business relationships
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter to make the most of leads and professional network
- Experience channeling FMCG to retail and consumer clients
- Experience selling within the COMESA block will be an added bonus
- Experience managing a team of 5+ sales associates
Qualifications and Experience
- BA in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing degree or equivalent
- 7 + years’ experience in FCMG segment
- Work experience of 5 + years Sales Managerial level with direct reports
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and also include your current and expected remuneration in your application.