International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Employment Opportunity: Regional Driving Centre Coordinator
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Logistics Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Regional Driving Centre Coordinator.
- Organize the annual training for all drivers in Nairobi and other delegations and monitor their progress on their driving skills, attitude and behaviour and propose further training if required ;
- Communicate with the ICRC delegations to establish their training schedule for their participants;
- Produce regular regional reports and analyse road accidents affecting ICRC delegations;
- Propose the needed strategies to enhance road safety on a regional aspect in coordination with Head Quarter Logistics Fleet;
- Take part in selection of appropriate external resources, facilitators or trainers when required and ensure the training is conducted in the highest standard of quality;
- Develop training materials and coordinate the different facilitators to disseminate each training;
- Participate and contribute in the yearly budget for Driving centre training unit ;
- Communicate and coordinate with commercial companies or local authorities to ensure safety and access to various locations for training purpose ;
- Inform the Nairobi workshop on the needed maintenance, repairs and security checks to be performed on the training unit vehicles after each practical session;
- Holder of a relevant Degree with experience in training drivers;
- At least 5 years experience in a similar field;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English – French is an asset;
- Advanced Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases);
- Heavy commercial vehicle driving license all categories;
- Experience in Automotive industry;
THE PROFILE: Excellent communication skills, a good team leader, excellent analytical skills, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, good organiser, high sense of integrity, good pedagogical skills.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 03rd November 2017.
Please include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Logistics Support Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100 (GPO),
THE ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS