Duma Works is recruiting a Platform Engineer for one of our clients in Nairobi, a company that is changing how data is collected via mobile technology.
About The Role: The company is looking for passionate Platform engineers who hunger to build the best possible software solutions for assisting local businesses on the African continent and beyond.
As a Platform Engineer, you will get to build various aspects of company infrastructure to power innumerable conversations at scale.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and distributed systems
- Experience in the same field. 3 years experience or more preferred or a talented software developer.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Enjoy building things and shipping them, truly making them work in the best way possible
- Extensive experience with Java server-side programming
- Advanced knowledge of JAVA, JVM Runtime, and JVM performance tuning is a plus
- Open Source project contributions are a plus
- Unix systems programming experience is a plus
- Candidates should expect to take a coding challenge once shortlisted.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3104”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3104 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 31 October 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||