Duma Works is recruiting a Procurement Manager for our client, Husk in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Summary of Role
Husk is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join our East Africa Team. This person should have bundles of energy and a passion for driving the business forward through smart and savvy procurement strategies; always seeking to get the best deal and ensure that procurement is a key part in helping Husk deliver its targets to time, quality and cost.
The position would be based out of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will require extensive travel to rural areas across Africa.
- Devise and use cost-effective and efficient sourcing strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date database of suppliers.
- Negotiate supply deals with external vendors to reduce procurement costs.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services to ensure Husk Tanzania can meet its goals.
- Review, examine and test existing procurement deals and lead the re-negotiation where agreed by management.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness of procurement strategy
- Liase with warehouse manager to run inventory audits and ensure there is a proper stock of equipment needed to deliver on targets.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred such as supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- 3+ years of experience as a procurement manager and in leading negotiations.
- Expansive east African network of suppliers.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Excellent oral and writing skills, with fluency in both English and Swahili.
- Ability to adapt communication style appropriately to suit a wide range of stakeholders: from field-level employees to foreign investors to government bodies.
- Have a high degree of professionalism and discipline.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize.
- Passion for rural development.
- Experience in East Africa (personal or professional) TZ preferred.
- Experience in utility sector, oil & gas or some type of service sector preferred.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3083”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3083 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 19 October 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.