Job Title: Store Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Industry: Transport and Logistics
Gross Salary: 80k-100k
Our client is one of the leading providers of transport and logistics by heavy commercial vehicles.
They seek to hire a Store Manager responsible for ensuring that goods received to the main store are of the quality & quantity required.
He should ensure the store operates efficiently & effectively to support the business.
- Conduct weekly purchase requirements by checking the stock levels through working closely with Workshop Manager/Store B manager and closely consulting with the head of department to confirm availability and expected time of arrival
- Purchase monthly requirements and report on monthly consumption
- Ensure that all goods are stored in the shelves and the stock cards immediately updated and maintain the store clean and tidy.
- Regularly carry out physical stock taking and on daily basis check the whole stock and ensure it tallies with the stock cards and computer stock for both stores.
- Ensure that the tools inventory is updated and weekly check the accuracy of records.
- Ensure update of tyre, purchase, retreading and disposal records on ERP system and give daily reports to head of department about anomalies and plan of action to ensure all records are correct.
- Ensure all documentation handled by store are posted and updated according to procedures.
- Ensure that all spares issued within the premises and outside have their returns back to store in time.
- Analyzing the root cause of spare parts, based on type of failure. E.g. supplier, quality etc. Furthermore, presenting a detailed report as to the suggested way forward to the Head of department.
- Ensure weekly and monthly meetings are held with HOD’S & Management staff to discuss expenses and trends.
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash float and ensuring all GRNs are signed.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents/accidents noted within and outside the Organization.
- Be a safety ambassador and ensure employees work safely and always be on the lookout for any unsafe acts or behavior.
- A degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Must have 5-8 years of working experience
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be very organized
- Must have experience in product mix and selection
- Well knowledgeable on customer preferences and buying habits
- Must have had experience managing staff
- Must be a team player.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Store Manager – Transport) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st October 2017.