United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 65 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa..
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
Chief Manager – Partnerships and External Linkages
The division exists to drive the development agenda of the university and will – through the Chief Manager – Partnerships and External Linkages – spearhead the University’s strategy to identify, engage with and build partnerships and linkages that will help fulfill the mission of USIU-Africa.
The successful candidate will help fulfill the University’s aspirations by building a network of like-minded institutions, organizations, governments and individuals; and partnering with them to achieve the mission of the University. These relations will include, but not limited to:
- Research collaborations
- Design and implementation of Academic Programs
- Funding to mitigate institutional challenges
- Development of practical interventions to advance knowledge and achievement
- Institutional advancement
The Office of Partnerships and External Linkages will work in the following areas:
- Partnerships with international organizations and institutions
- Partnerships with the private sector organizations;
- Partnerships with the national and county governments;
- Partnerships with higher education institutions;
- Partnerships with Civic Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Partnerships with other groups that advance the ideals of USIU-Africa.
- Formulate programs aimed at strengthening the capacity of USIU-Africa to harness potential of partnerships and institutional linkages;
- Provide policy directions and inputs in promoting and managing engagement with the partners mentioned above and to define parameters and guidelines for such partnerships;
- Cultivate and coordinate partnerships with research organizations, private sector, international agencies, national government agencies and other organizations categorized above to mobilize donations, cooperative agreements, volunteer work, and other similar undertakings to fulfill the aspirations of USIU-Africa;
- Organize and provide leadership to multi-stakeholder alliances, consortia, committees, task forces, or technical working groups involved in promoting higher education and research;
- Assist and support the Director for University Advancement, Vice Chancellor and other relevant University functions in cultivating stakeholder relations for advancement of the University; working with the stakeholders to define issues, formulate plans and implement interventions through a multi-stakeholder effort;
- Provide clearing house services for all partnerships and external linkages including bilateral and multi-lateral cooperation;
- Establish and maintain a database of all partnerships; ensuring adherence to relevant agreements;
- Monitor and report on progress of partnerships and linkages in fulfilling the aspirations of the University;
- Engage in all other responsibilities and activities for achievement of the University objectives.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A master’s degree in business-related studies, communications or international relations from an accredited university.
- At least three years of demonstrated management experience of multi-level and cross-cultural relations in an international environment.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
All other details such as key responsibilities, minimum educational and professional qualifications as well as desirable personal attributes and competencies can be found on our website at www.usiu.ac.ke/jobs.
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Thursday, October 19, 2017.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.